Realme announced the Realme X in China on Wednesday as the market’s first major smartphone. Realme has entered a Chinese competitive market where it looks like creating the same hype and buzz as it has in India. The Realme X is the flagship smartphone of the company that brings several brand new features to a Realme phone.
Some of the key highlights are its notchless AMOLED display, selfie pop-up camera, in-display fingerprint sensor, and 48MP main camera, all seen on a Realme phone for the first time. Here’s a quick look at all of the Realme X you need to know.
Realme X specifications
- Display: The phone displays a 6.5-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of over 91 percent.
- Processor: Powered by a Snapdragon 710 2.2Ghz octa-core chipset.
- RAM: The 4 GB, 6 GB and 8 GB RAM options will be available for the phone.
- Internal storage: The 4 GB and 6 GB RAM options will be available with 64 GB internal storage, while the 8 GB RAM variant will be available with 128 GB internal storage.
- The camera provides a 48MP Sony IMX586 main camera with a f/1.7 aperture, 1.6 micron pixel and 6P lens.
- Front camera: The mechanism of the pop-up camera houses a selfie camera of 16MP f/2.0.
- Software: Realme X runs with ColorOS 6 on top of Android 9 Pie.
- Battery: The device houses a battery of 3,765mAh.
Realme X features
Its full-screen, notchless display is the first thing that will catch your attention on the Realme X. The phone does not have a water drop notch or a hole in the display, meaning you get slim bezels on top and sides and a thin chin. All this makes a wide, immersive display possible for an attractive viewing experience.
The phone is the first AMOLED display provided by Samsung in the company’s portfolio, which means you can expect a more vivid display of punchy colors and deeper blacks compared to traditional LCD panels. The AMOLED panel also makes it possible for the phone to offer a fingerprint sensor in-display.
Offering a pop-up camera is one way to remove the notch. When using the selfie mode or face unlocking, the camera rises from the top of the frame. A 16MP f/2.0 sensor is provided by the front camera.
Like the Realme 3 Pro, VOOC 3.0 is also supported by the Realme X. It houses a decently large 3,765mAh battery, but you can charge the device very quickly with VOOC support.
The phone is true to the 2019 phone as it uses the Sony IMX586 sensor to sport a 48MP primary camera. This should lead to some sharp, high-resolution pictures. The camera also supports modes for Nightscape and Chroma Boost, detection of AI scenes and super slo-mo recording at 960fps.
The Realme X comes in two beautiful white and blue gradient colors. The blue variant sees blue and purple hues while a pinkish hue is available in the white option. A few special edition colors inspired by onions were also announced by the company.
Realme X price and availability
CNY 1,499 (approx Rs 15,300) for the 4 GB + 64 GB variant, CNY 1,599 (approx Rs 16,300) for the 6 GB + 64 GB variant and CNY 1,799 (approx Rs 18,300) for the 8 GB + 128 GB variant was launched in China.
As of now, the Realme X has only been announced for China, but the company confirmed earlier that the Realme X will soon be launching in India. If the price is close to the prices of China, you can expect the Realme X to be priced in India from Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000.